Careers: Work with us!
We invite you to consider the current position openings described below.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 315-364-8075. You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, MacKenzie-Childs, LLC, 3260 State Route 90, Aurora, NY 13026.
Openings in Aurora, NY
Copywriter – Aurora, NY
MacKenzie-Childs is seeking a writer to create compelling copy as part of the overall direct-to-consumer marketing and product strategy. Responsibilities will include product descriptions, blog posts, and all sales and marketing materials, across all channels (catalog, e-commerce, social media, retail, wholesale, and PR). Successful candidate will bring creativity, initiative, and technical writing skills to the position. Expertise in Word and Excel mandatory, WordPress a plus. BA in communications, English, or equivalent plus 1-3 years writing experience desired.
Designer: Seasonal/Holiday – Aurora, NY
The MacKenzie-Childs Design Team – an internationally renowned brand based in Aurora, New York – is looking for a talented, full-time Seasonal Designer to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work as an integral team member, with a specific focus on home decor as it relates to Christmas, Halloween and Easter products. A portfolio and prior art and design experience are mandatory. Some essential responsibilities will include the following:
- Conceptualizing, designing, and communicating new products based upon inspirations provided through creative briefs
- Creating designs in Photoshop, incorporating MacKenzie-Childs signature patterns and textures, creating prototype samples, and constructing in-house prototypes as needed
- Creating manufacturing development packets for each new product with an eye to specificity and detail
- Communicating with vendors through telephone and emails as needed
- Collaborating with the other Designers, Production crew and Quality Control for product approval
- Managing work load and ensuring that Design work areas are organized, efficient and tidy
- Interfacing between Design and Production to maintain quality and open lines of communication
- Maintaining an awareness of market trends and materials to support innovative and unique design initiatives appropriate to the brand
- MUST be a creative individual willing to wear a lot of different hats
- MUST be able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- A self-starter: able to identify areas of need
- Must have the ability to identify market trends and translate them into products that support the MacKenzie-Childs brand vision
- Must possess understanding of high quality standards
- The ability to communicate design ideas well - verbally, visually and written - is required
- Ability to sketch required
- Ability to paint artistically is required
- Adobe Creative Suite required and 3-d experience preferred (Rhino, CAD, SketchUp)
- Global business acumen – understanding of business on a global scale and ability to communicate with overseas vendors with precision and grace
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Requires a playful and wholesome imagination and a working knowledge of broad range of material
- A strong understanding of key design concepts: color, pattern mixing, and historical design preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, pro-actively trouble shoot, and problem solve quickly
- Organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail required
Digital Marketing Coordinator – Aurora, NY
Responsible for supporting the execution, reporting, and analysis of all direct-to-consumer digital, social, and e-mail programs.
- Support website optimization and new website functionality projects
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager in overseeing, scheduling, and executing social media postings across all social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Support the setup and execution of additional digital programs, including but not limited to: paid search, SEM (including but not limited to SEO, keyword research, etc.), affiliate and partnership marketing, re-targeting, digital display, social media advertising, and 3rd party marketplaces
- Perform standard and ad-hoc reporting for digital, e-mail, and social campaigns
- Analyze program results and develop written summaries and recommendations
Requires a four-year college degree with major in Business, Marketing, or Communications or equivalent. 1-2 years of hands-on marketing experience with basic HTML/CSS knowledge and/or social media management a plus.
Furniture Decoration – Aurora, NY
Decorating and painting furniture with landscapes and faux finishes, utilizing samples for reference. Will train people with good color sensibilities who are receptive to instruction and open to critique. Previous hand or craft work experience strongly preferred. Four day work week Mon-Thurs 6:30 am - 5:00 pm. Medical and dental benefits available after successful completion of the 90 day trial period. Position requires a H.S. diploma or equivalent.
Graphics Technician – Aurora, NY
Graphics technician will create layouts for sales and marketing materials in support of all channels (catalog, e-commerce, social media, retail, wholesale, and product development), in accordance with defined brand standards. See projects through approvals, corrections, production, and distribution. AA or BA in graphic design or related field, plus 2-3 years experience desired. Background in direct-to-consumer product business (e-commerce, retail, or catalog) preferred. Successful candidate will bring creativity, productivity, and technical skills to the position; will be self-motivated, a team player, and a strong communicator. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are needed. A proven ability to follow projects through completion and adapt to changing priorities. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator mandatory, knowledge of web graphics standards and Excel a plus.
National Account Executive – Aurora, NY
The National Account Executive will be responsible for working directly with buying offices to manage national accounts in the U.S. with unparalleled customer service. He/she will analyze sales data and drive sales at retail while also achieving sales budgets for MacKenzie-Childs LLC. He/She will reinforce the brand image with each account by collaborating with marketing, visual merchandising and in-store teams to train and merchandise in order to maximize sales. Key accountabilities:
- Achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals as specified by VP of Sales as well as EBITDA goals as determined;
- Develop action-oriented proposals with VP of Sales;
- Collaborate with VP of Sales to drive/grow business;
- Review sales trends and seasonal projections and advise of opportunities or exposures;
- Keep Account Executives and Merchandiser aware of new product launches, updates in retailer assortments, advertising, marketing opportunities, sales trends and any other tools for team to utilize in order to achieve sales potential;
- Work closely with internal company departments: Customer Service, Operations, and Marketing to ensure corporate guidelines and procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to;
- Provide unparalleled customer service and follow up to each retailer;
- Adhere to all company budgets, policies and procedures;
- Must be highly proficient in retail math, Excel and Power point.
- BA or BS Bachelor degree and 4+ years’ experience in related field;
- Have a proven track record of achieving sales goals;
- Multitask in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment;
- Be schedule flexible and adaptable;
- Strong proficiency and understanding of retail math;
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management;
- Travel: domestic
- Strong identification with and sensitivity for the brand;
- High interest in and aptitude for unparalleled customer service;
- Positive and contagious energy, motivation and pragmatism;
- Strong retail fashion/luxury background;
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to maintain business relationships and foster new ones;
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
Visual Manager/Retail Visual Operations – Aurora, NY
This is a hands-on position that reports to Visual Director. Responsible to produce seasonal floor layouts, coordination and implementation of swing shops and product presentations within all retail stores and swing shops within retail as under guidance of the Visual Director. Ensure that Retail stores are giving their customers a clear and consistent message. In collaboration with the Retail Channel Director and Store Managers, coordinate the scheduling, implementation and execution of the visual merchandising plan for the store as directed by the Visual Merchandising Department. Work closely with Store Managers to evaluate and analyze the success of the merchandising plan regarding sales, implementing changes as needed. Communicate on a regular basis with the store management team and visual merchandising team members regarding merchandising issues, schedule changes and priorities. Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year management experience; including visual merchandising experience; previous customer service or retail experience
- Ability to execute computer generated ground plans
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and good presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated ability in visual merchandising execution
- Strong delegation skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 65 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays when necessary
Openings in Auburn, NY
Call Center Reps – Auburn, NY
Work assisting our web and catalog customers over the phone with their orders, checking status and troubleshooting customer questions. Must have a strong desire to assist others.
Warehouse Pickers/Packers/Shippers – Auburn, NY
Work picking, packing and shipping customer orders from our finished goods warehouse. Attention to detail and the the ability to follow instructions essential.
Openings in New York, NY
New York Store Manager – New York, NY
MacKenzie-Childs Store Manager sought for our flagship store located at 20 W 57th in Manhattan. MacKenzie - Childs is searching for a dynamic, proven retail manager, preferably experienced with luxury brands to lead our sales team and store operations. Mackenzie Childs is a manufacturer and retailer of unique, handmade, luxury home furnishings. Brand development and fresh new offerings provide the momentum and an exciting and challenging opportunity for Retail Sales management professionals.
Proven sales professionals who can generate excitement, service the customer and drive sales in a flagship retail setting sought. Dynamic, analytical, creative, enthusiastic, hard workers, good leaders and team members desired. Ability to clientele and build relationships essential. Previous experience representing a brand experience in a department store or boutique.
Retail Sales Associate – New York, NY
Full time Sales Associate for MacKenzie-Childs flagship store located on W 57th Street. Been a collector and a follower for a while? Come share your excitement over the brand with those shopping the MacKenzie-Childs lifestyle. Introduce them to the whimsical tradition and help them find a special piece that speaks to them. Apply now and learn more about this opportunity to share the MacKenzie-Childs brand story! Enjoy the employee discount! One weekend day a week required.
Openings in Union Springs, NY
There are no open positions in Union Springs at this time.
Openings in Washington, DC
Retail Pop-Up Staff – Washington, DC
Retail staff needed for pop-up MacKenzie-Childs store slated to open this October. Been a collector and a follower for a while? Come introduce Georgetown to the whimsical tradition of MacKenzie-Childs. Be there from the ground up generating the buzz and excitement in your area! We are hiring sales associates, visual sales associates and stock people, full and part time opportunities available. Apply now and learn more about this opportunity to share the MacKenzie-Childs brand story! Enjoy the employee discount!
Openings in Waterloo, NY
Retail Key Holder – Waterloo, NY
Part time key holder sought for MacKenzie-Childs store within the Del Lago Resort. Been a collector and a follower for a while? Come introduce Del Lago guests to the whimsical tradition of MacKenzie-Childs. Apply now and learn more about this opportunity to share the MacKenzie-Childs brand story! Enjoy the employee discount!