Careers: Work with us!
We invite you to consider the current position openings described below.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 315-364-8075. You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, MacKenzie-Childs, LLC, 3260 State Route 90, Aurora, NY 13026.
Openings in Aurora, NY
Designer: Seasonal/Holiday – Aurora, NY
The MacKenzie-Childs Design Team – an internationally renowned brand based in Aurora, New York – is looking for a talented, full-time Seasonal Designer to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work as an integral team member, with a specific focus on home decor as it relates to Christmas, Halloween and Easter products. A portfolio and prior art and design experience are mandatory. Some essential responsibilities will include the following:
- Conceptualizing, designing, and communicating new products based upon inspirations provided through creative briefs
- Creating designs in Photoshop, incorporating MacKenzie-Childs signature patterns and textures, creating prototype samples, and constructing in-house prototypes as needed
- Creating manufacturing development packets for each new product with an eye to specificity and detail
- Communicating with vendors through telephone and emails as needed
- Collaborating with the other Designers, Production crew and Quality Control for product approval
- Managing work load and ensuring that Design work areas are organized, efficient and tidy
- Interfacing between Design and Production to maintain quality and open lines of communication
- Maintaining an awareness of market trends and materials to support innovative and unique design initiatives appropriate to the brand
- MUST be a creative individual willing to wear a lot of different hats
- MUST be able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- A self-starter: able to identify areas of need
- Must have the ability to identify market trends and translate them into products that support the MacKenzie-Childs brand vision
- Must possess understanding of high quality standards
- The ability to communicate design ideas well - verbally, visually and written - is required
- Ability to sketch required
- Ability to paint artistically is required
- Adobe Creative Suite required and 3-d experience preferred (Rhino, CAD, SketchUp)
- Global business acumen – understanding of business on a global scale and ability to communicate with overseas vendors with precision and grace
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Requires a playful and wholesome imagination and a working knowledge of broad range of material
- A strong understanding of key design concepts: color, pattern mixing, and historical design preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, pro-actively trouble shoot, and problem solve quickly
- Organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail required
Product Manager/Buyer – Aurora, NY
Lead and manage all aspect of the Merchandising Planning department including, but not limited to: new product introduction and pricing, legacy product style outs, sales forecasting (new and legacy) for all channels, legacy product ordering and inventory management, tracking of sku-level performance, maintenance and distribution of Product Manager dashboard, and management and reporting of all related inventory control initiatives.
- Research unique opportunities for new products in assigned categories that support our brand direction.
- Maintain knowledge of home furnishings market trends through research and competitive shopping.
- Identify trends in categories, styles and silhouettes. Lead development of unique offerings with direction and approval of Creative Director.
- Work with Creative Director and Product Planning to outline groundwork for new products for future seasons.
- Manage the life cycle of all products in assigned categories.
- Promote growth in categories through planning and product development strategies.
- Protect the quality and integrity of products by frequent communication with manufacturing resources through production phases. This can be accomplished by checking in with suppliers on a routine 90, 60, 30-day calendar.
- Review and advise on forecasts prepared by Product Planning as additional eyes on sales trends.
- Place all initial sales orders with suppliers.
- Negotiate tooling, product costs and MOQs to achieve the best possible outcome for MacKenzie-Childs.
- Communicate and establish standards for all new product details to Quality Assurance Department.
- Create and finalize BOMs when needed for all new products.
- Update all manufacturing sources with any/all changes to products.
Job Requirements: Requires a BA or BS Degree and proven Microsoft Office 365 skills – especially Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to build Excel models given a general or specific objective. Requires strong organization skills, attention to details and the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment. Must have relevant professional experience managing some or all facets of a merchandise planning function.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Appreciation and respect for cultural and language diversity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional presence and articulate presentation.
- Open-minded and inquisitive to learn new things.
- Familiarity and adeptness with modern office technology.
- Analytical thought process and problem solving skills.
Physical Requirements: Must be willing and able to travel globally, at times for 2 weeks, and be enthusiastic and energetic in various cultural and industrial environments.
Openings in Auburn, NY
Assistant Manager, Major Accounts Order Fulfillment – Auburn, NY
Successful candidate will have supervisory or management experience in retail, or other customer oriented, order fulfillment workplaces and be familiar with inventory control practices, record keeping and back-office computing. Demonstrate success in developing, incorporating, maintaining and improving compliance standards, processes and protocols strongly preferred. Must possess strong computing skills, displaying a mastery of business-oriented software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Openings in New York, NY
There are no open positions in New York at this time.
Openings in Union Springs, NY
There are no open positions in Union Springs at this time.
Openings in Waterloo, NY
Sales Associates – Waterloo, NY
Sales Associates sought for MacKenzie-Childs store within the Del Lago Resort. Been a collector and a follower for awhile? Come introduce Del Lago guests to the whimsical tradition of MacKenzie-Childs. Apply now and learn more about this opportunity to share the MacKenzie-Childs brand story! Enjoy the employee discount!