A fresh front entry for fall
September 04, 2018
Autumn is one of the best times of year here in Upstate New York, which is home to our farm and studios. The days are cooler and crisper, making it the perfect time to savor the brilliant colors of the turning leaves and the crunch of red ripe apples.
But you don’t have to live in a climate like ours to enjoy fall. In fact, to be truthful, fall is also a little bittersweet here because we know that a long and cold winter usually follows.
We asked Felicia Rocker, assistant visuals manager and our Farmhouse coordinator, to set the mood for fall at our Farmhouse entry and provide some ideas that you can adapt for any protected porch location, no matter what the climate.
Felicia loves to decorate for fall and says you can get a lot of mileage out of your fall decor by considering pieces that will transition from early autumn to Halloween to Thanksgiving. Also, think about a cohesive vision that ties the exterior and interior together. Don’t let the decorations stop at the front door. Carry the theme indoors as well with our wreaths and stems, pumpkins and leaves.
Some additional tips:
- Add symmetry and height on either side of the door with our Harvest Topiaries. They’re stacked with style, mixing playful pumpkins with everlasting seasonal accents, all in a pedestal vase decorated with Courtly Stripes.
- Make a great first impression by hanging our Harvest Wreath, chockfull of gorgeous gourds, everlasting foliage, and a bit of Courtly Check ribbon, on the front door. The Courtly Check Wreath Hanger makes it easy to hang and adds a little bit of style, too.
- Add one of our fall-themed Entrance Mats. They set the tone for the season before you even take a step inside and are a great way to transition the outside decor to what’s happening indoors.
- Extend your outdoor time by adding our woven throws and plush autumn pillows. You can add fall-themed pillows and rustic fabrics inside, too.
- Mix and match our black and white patterned pumpkins in clusters on either side of the front door. You can give the display a farm-fresh look by adding in rustic elements, including galvanized buckets and rustic wood tables, that can provide additional display areas. Add more of those black and white pumpkins inside. They easily mix and match with Halloween orange and transition quite nicely to Thanksgiving.
- Create fall vignettes throughout your interiors, mixing in elements like vintage books in autumn colors and everlasting fall leaves. Then add one of our unique display pieces as the focal point. We like our Courtly Check Owl and our Crowned Crow, or put your favorite fall collectible under our Courtly Check Pedestal with Cloche.
- Add autumn to your kitchen, too. We have everything from dish towels to bottle stoppers in harvest hues and themes.
- Fill our clear Black Tie Apothecary Jars with favorite fall nuts or candy corn.
- Tuck our fall accent stems, displaying glittery leaves, acorns, and lanterns with a touch of Courtly Check, into vases for a touch of instant autumn.
Says Felicia, “Fall’s harvest hues make you feel all warm and nostalgic, and that adds to the fun of decorating for family and friends.” We agree, so get ready to add some autumn elements and make the memories that will keep you warm all winter long.