How to navigate the Barn Sale
July 09, 2019
We hope you’ve made plans to attend our upcoming 2019 MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale. Scheduled Thursday through Sunday, July 18–21, 2019, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., it’s our biggest annual event and features discounts up to 80 percent on our furniture, ceramics, decor, and more. The sale is held on our beautiful 65-acre campus in Aurora, New York, which is in the Finger Lakes region and about halfway between Syracuse and Rochester.
We want you to have a great experience, so we’ve created this primer to help you successfully navigate the sale. Also, check out our MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale Information Page for additional information.
Before the sale
- Camping is allowed on the MacKenzie-Childs grounds beginning at 6 a.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2019, only. No open flames are permitted, and those camping are required to move their personal items to their vehicles by 5 a.m. Thursday, July 18, 2019.
- It is often hot and humid at the sale, with little or no shade, so please leave infants and small children at home. Also, do not bring pets. Only service animals are permitted.
- Come dressed for shopping success. Dress comfortably, but have fun with our 2019 MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale Style themes, too! Wear shoes that provide support, and bring sunscreen, a wide-brimmed hat, bug spray, and an umbrella. A light jacket or a rain poncho are good ideas, too.
- Come prepared with the details that can help you make decisions about what to buy. Take photos of what you want to match at home or bring a fabric swatch or paint chip. It’s also a good idea to have a measuring tape and the dimensions of the space you’re trying to buy for if you’re shopping for furniture.
- A pocket calculator and a notepad can help you keep track of items and totals before you get to the register.
- We have shopping carts on site, but they can become limited at times, so it’s smart to bring your own portable cart. We also provide large paper shopping bags, but heavier items, including enamelware, are better accommodated with sturdier cloth bags.
- Forms of payment accepted are cash and credit cards. For more details on payment methods, visit our MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale Information Page.
- Bring a friend. The Barn Sale is more fun when you can share it with your best buddy. It also helps to have someone to bounce ideas off or to save your space in line when you run to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat.
During the sale
- After you park, take a photo of the sign that will designate your parking area, so you’ll remember your spot.
- Plan to have a good time! We’ll have 11 food trucks and beverage vendors here to keep you well-fed and hydrated.
- We host more than 20,000 people over the four-day sale, so there is usually a line for entry. To keep your wait pleasant, we’ll have staffers with roaming frames that will snap your photo so you can post selfies on social media. We’ll also have a new selfie wall located near the sale entry.
- Free Wi-Fi will be available on site starting Wednesday, July 17. Details on connecting will be available when you arrive.
- Look for a large map near the Enamel Barn that shows where categories of items are located within the sale tents. Maps are included on the sale brochures that will be available on site.
- Check out the preview of the new fall and holiday products, which will be displayed on a banner that will wrap around our Farmhouse fence.
- Looking for on-the-spot info? Visit our new Information Tent, located near the entrance of the sale. We’ll do our best to answer your questions and help you find just what you’re looking for.
- Shipping is available at the sale, and there are designated registers at checkout if you wish to ship. If you would prefer to transport larger items, including furniture, there will be staff on site to assist you in loading.
After the sale
- Shipping times will vary. Smaller items sent via UPS Ground may be shipped the next day but no later than later than two weeks following the sale. Furniture or other large items requiring freight delivery will be shipped in the two weeks following the sale.
- Have more questions? You can contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-665-1999.
- If this is a road trip, consider stopping at local attractions as you head home. Visit tourcayuga.com for more options.
- Most importantly, have a safe journey home. We can’t wait to see you in 2020!