As a part of our commitment to your privacy, MacKenzie-Childs adheres to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association’s Privacy Promise to American Consumers. We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers; (2) honor customers’ requests not to share their contact information with other marketers; and (3) honor customers’ requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from MacKenzie-Childs.
HOW TO CONTACT MACKENZIE-CHILDS
Our postal address is 3260 State Route 90, Aurora, NY 13026. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES MACKENZIE-CHILDS COLLECT?
When you visit our Sites, we may collect and use personally identifiable information about you, as well as other usage information. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us Directly by filling in forms on our Sites. This may include name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or similar information that can be used to identify you and is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law. If you ask to be placed on our email list, we will collect your email address; providing any other information is voluntary. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases.
- Information Provided to Us When You Communicate with Us for any reason, including information you provide in emails you send us, responses to surveys, and search queries.
- Payment Information. We may collect and process payment information from you when you place an order with us, including credit card numbers and billing information, using third-party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect any financial information from you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Use of Personal Information
- Acknowledge your order;
- Confirm when your order ships;
- Send other updates about your order;
- Provide information about product delivery and backorders;
- Confirm that we received returned merchandise or processed a merchandise return transaction;
- Respond to any requests you may have;
- Notify you about changes to the Sites;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Sites; or
- Notify you of new products, promotions, and upcoming sales and events.
We may also use your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through our catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Use of Tracking Technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Sites.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our web sites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies. Or visit this link: http://dtmc.mackenzie-childs.com/adinfo/choice/prod/?type=fpc&cid=61950&cname=Mackenzie%20Childs&cmagic=ca394d&clogo=61950.png&loc=us&lang=en-us.
Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to place orders from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information as follows:
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties or our affiliates to:
- Assist us in providing our services to you, including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, etc.; or
- Serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you.
These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize “Do Not Track” signals, but several of these third-party companies who utilize these cookies or beacons on our web sites enable you to opt out of this behavioral advertising. You can learn more about this or choose not to have this information used by our trusted third-party advertising partners.
We may share personal information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes.
When you provide us with personal information, we may also use and share your personal information to contact you, including via email, to thank you for providing your request, to conduct satisfaction surveys, or for other administrative purposes related to your request.
In certain instances we may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have a good faith believe that disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of such Terms, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of MacKenzie-Childs, our visitors, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. Therefore, upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you provide us with your personal information, you may:
- Review the information that you have supplied to us;
- Request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us;
- Request that your information not be used to contact you;
- Request that your information be removed from any solicitation list that we use; or
- Request that your information be deleted from our records.
- Request that your personal information be opted out of third-party sharing.
To request any of the above, please email us at email@example.com. Please put “Exercise Personal Information Request” in the subject line.
Opting Out of Email
If you only want to get emails from us about your order and not about sales and special events, please unsubscribe from our email updates by clicking the “unsubscribe” link present at the bottom of every email update for immediate removal from the list. You can also send us an email at the above address, or write to us at the above address; please note that it may take up to five days for your email removal request to be processed this way.
Opting Out of Postal Mail
If you have made a purchase from us or if you supply us with your postal address on-line, you may receive periodic mailings from us related to new products and services, upcoming events or printed catalogs. Please be assured we only want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing us at the above address, or by writing to us at the above address.
If you are on our mailing list, from time to time you may receive mailings from other reputable companies with which we may share this information. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you can have your name put on our do-not-share list by emailing us at the above address, or by writing to us at the above address. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
Please note: If you request to be added to our do-not-share list, you will still receive our catalogs unless you specifically request to be removed from our mailing list as well. We consider these as separate requests.
Please note that it may take up to 8-10 weeks for your postal mail removal request.
Updating Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Sites, click on the “my account’ button located at the top of every page to modify your profile. To change your email address or preferences, please visit the email preference center. You can always email our customer service department with any requests or changes.
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them. Consumers can access this information by emailing us at the above address or by writing to us at the above address.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our web sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Sites are not intended for or targeted to children under thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under thirteen. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under thirteen, please contact us immediately so that we may delete the information.
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the section entitled “How to Contact MacKenzie-Childs” above and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EEA supervisory authority.
If you feel that this web page is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses.
Effective Date: July 22, 2021