To Return Items by Mail
To return an item by mail, please follow the instructions on the packing slip enclosed with your order. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 888-665-1999, 8:00 am - 9:00 pm.
To Return Items to the Store
To return or exchange eligible non-furniture items at one of our store locations, please bring the item(s) and proof of purchase within 30 days of receipt of the product.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items under the following conditions:
- A valid proof of purchase must be provided. (See below for acceptable forms of proof.)
- Returns will be accepted within 90 days of the original purchase date.
- Within 30 days, we will issue a refund using the original method of payment. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- After the initial 30 days, you will be issued a merchandise credit.
- Items must be returned in new condition, unused and unwashed, in original packaging with all original components.
- Items sold as marked down and discontinued are final sale and cannot be returned.
- Items purchased at Savor NY by MacKenzie-Childs at del Lago Resort & Casino must be returned to that location; they cannot be returned through our online/phone order process or in any of our retail stores. Likewise, items purchased in our MacKenzie-Childs retail stores, online, or by phone cannot be returned at the del Lago location. Returns must be made with the receipt within 30 days of the original purchase date and the original method of payment will be returned. Cash will not be given back over $75 and a check will be issued instead. No returns can be made after 30 days.
Acceptable Proof of Purchase for Eligible Items
Proof of purchase is always required for an exchange, credit, or refund for eligible items. For your convenience, we accept the following forms of proof of purchase:
- original paper receipt
- order number
- gift receipt
- original packing slip
- gift packing slip
Credits and Refunds
We will issue a credit or refund in the following ways:
- Within 30 days and along with an acceptable proof of purchase, the purchase price will be fully refunded using the original method of payment.
- For in-store cash purchases under $75, cash will be refunded the time of return. For in-store cash purchases of $75.00 or more, you will receive a check by mail.
- A merchandise credit will be issued for a gift receipt.
- Merchandise credits will expire one year from the date they are issued.
Please note: Gift cards and store credits are not redeemable for cash. MacKenzie-Childs is not liable for replacing lost or stolen gift cards or store credits. We cannot accept MacKenzie-Childs gift cards at our del Lago location or at the Barn Sale.
Our products are hand crafted by artisans in Aurora and abroad. Pieces may vary due to the handmade nature of each product. A variation in paint color or shape does not qualify as a defect, but instead is a characteristic of our pieces being uniquely crafted.
MacKenzie-Childs will not replace, return or exchange any items that are broken, chipped or damaged due to regular wear and tear. Our designs are delicate in nature and should be treated and cared for as outlined on our website and in our care instructions.
If you receive an item that is damaged due to shipping, please save the damaged goods, carton, and packaging material. Contact the retail location or customer service department where you purchased the item and they will help you arrange for a replacement.
We are happy to refund your purchase if the following conditions are met:
- Proof of purchase is provided and the return is made within 30 days of the receipt of order. Furniture returns cannot be made after 30 days of receipt of shipment.
- A 25% restocking fee will be deducted from the total refund. Furniture returns must be coordinated through the retail location or customer service department where you placed the order. Any returns not previously coordinated by a MacKenzie-Childs representative will be refused, at your expense.
- Returns of damaged furniture pieces should be made within five business days of the receipt of shipment. Returns after that time frame will not be honored and a credit will not be given.
- Any claim for missing furniture items must be made within five days of receipt.
When receiving freight orders, the customer is responsible for the following:
- Count all pieces to make sure that items listed on the bill of lading delivery document are accounted for while driver is there.
- Check shipment for any visible damage to the outside of the boxes. If any of the boxes are dented, scratched, punctured, crushed or cut, you must mark damage on the bill of lading before signing it. Be as specific as possible. If you believe that the exterior damage is extensive, please refuse delivery and contact us immediately.
- Check the contents of the boxes before signing the bill of lading. If the shipment is large or the driver is unwilling to wait, it may not be possible to open all cartons at the time of delivery. If this is the case, note on the bill of lading “subject to inspection.”
- For the claim to be accepted, you must contact us within three business days of receipt if you find there is any damage or the order is missing items.
- Please do not sign the bill of lading until the items above have been completed.
- If you to use their own freight carrier, damages will be your responsibility. In the event of damage during shipment, you will need to file a claim with the freight carrier.
Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable unless an item is damaged due to shipping.
Return Policy for International Customers
Our non-furniture return/exchange policy stated above applies to International orders as well. Any shipping cost to and from the Unites States in order to facilitate the exchange will be the responsibility of the customer.
Custom orders begin production immediately upon order and are built to your specifications. They cannot be cancelled, changed, returned or refunded at any time. A non-refundable 50% deposit will be taken when the order is placed.