Entertaining on the go
May 13, 2019
Summer entertaining often demands a moveable feast that travels easily to the site of the fun and frolic—be it the boat launch, the picnic grounds, or the tailgate party. And that’s where our new line of SCOUT for MacKenzie-Childs comes in.
We partnered with SCOUT Bags for this co-branded collection of insulated poly twill fabric coolers. SCOUT, which has been in business since the early 2000s, takes great pride in making a variety of bags—from oversized tote bags perfect for the beach to all kinds of accessory bags to soft-sided coolers—that are functionable and fashionable.
SCOUT for MacKenzie-Childs includes four products in two fun and colorful prints—Ikat Pink (pink, black, and white) and Dotty (black and white). All the pieces feature soft-sided shapes that are lightweight, leak-free, easy to clean, and easy to carry thanks to durable woven check handles. Also, each piece has lots of pockets, some with zipper closures, to offer even more storage.
Here’s a closer look:
Ideal for family outings, this cooler holds two six-packs or four wine bottles. It’s also just the right size to stack multiple food containers. It has a zippered pocket on the front and an open pocket on the back. It measures 9″ sq. and 12½” tall.
Perfect for pot luck, this casserole carrier holds a 9″ × 13″ pan and keeps things hot for up to three hours. It has an open pocket inside. It measures 17″ wide, 3.
This large cooler has a hard bottom for extra durability and fits an entire 24-pack plus ice, so you can bring the party, literally. It has a zippered pocket on the front and an open pocket on the back. It measures 14¼” wide, 12½” tall, and 9¼” deep.
Load this up with everything you’ll need for the picnic table, including the tablecloth, plates, and cups. With four open exterior pockets, there’s also plenty of room for the utensils—and then some. You just might find that it makes the perfect companion for trips to the farmers market, too. It measures 15″ wide, 14″ tall, and 5½” deep.
Now that you have several ways to get your food transported with style, how about a classic summer recipe or two?
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup sliced red onion, cut lengthwise
- 15 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 cups cubed English cucumber or regular cucumber with seeds removed
- 1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- In a small bowl, pour lime juice over red onions. Allow to marinate while assembling the salad.
- Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and cilantro in a large bowl. Season with black pepper. Toss watermelon salad with marinated onions and season with sea salt just before serving.
Classic Chewy Brownies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9″ × 13″ pan.
- Combine the cocoa, melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt , flour, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Spread mixture (it will be thick) into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.