Fun additions to fall decor
August 18, 2020
Fall is coming. Soon, the leaves will turn crimson and gold, the air will be crisp and cool, and just about everything will have the flavor of pumpkin spice!
Our new fall collection offers several ways to celebrate autumn and bring its color and charm into your home. Here are some of our picks for spots around the house where a bit of well-placed fall is sure to make a bold seasonal statement.
Start the transition to fall at your entry. If you’re accenting a porch, be sure that decorative items are placed in a protected location that shields them from the elements. If that isn’t possible, add these items to your entry hall or to decorate your fireplace mantel.
- Our Autumn Naturals Wreath greets autumn with an abundance of natural materials, including everlasting gourds, leaves, hydrangeas, and berries, with accents of our Courtly Check sinamay ribbon. What’s more, there are several pieces that complement this wreath, including the Autumn Naturals Urn Topiary for the entry and the Autumn Naturals Centerpiece and Tabletop Topiary for the dining room.
- Our Fall Fest Wreath greets autumn with an abundance of paper mache pumpkins in black, white, and orange patterns, plus everlasting leaves, hydrangeas, and berries, with accents of our Courtly Check and Heirloom ribbon. Nestled in the center is an owl made of all-natural materials wearing a bow of Courtly Check.
- Looking to cast a spell for Halloween? Try our Medium Black Owl Wreath, which features a feather-covered black owl perched on a base of shimmering black grapevine, topped with an orange sisal wreath decorated with striped pumpkins.
Finally, don’t forget our Courtly Check Ribbon, which features linen-finish checks on one side and festive gold on the other. Available in various widths and wired for easy shaping, it can visually tie decorative elements together.
One of the quickest ways to add a touch of autumn is to place a colorful centerpiece on the dining room table or sideboard. For that, we suggest one of these pieces, along with some of our Courtly Check candle holders in various sizes to create added dimension. Another idea is to place the centerpiece on one of our beaded autumn table runners for extra shine.
- Let our Mod collection take center stage. Fun and fashionable, this group makes a sleek statement in black and white with gold lustre embellishment. Some pieces to consider are the Mod Cake Plate, which has a removable witch’s hat in its center, and the Mod Stemmed Bowl, the perfect way to store and serve Halloween candy. Completing the Mod grouping is the Tall Mod Owl and the Short Mod Owl, whose black and white patterns add year-round fun.
- We love how our Illuminated Happy Pumpkins do double duty. These brightly colored pumpkins are available in three sizes, and they light up with a flickering glow when the battery-operated LED light is turned on. What’s more, each pumpkin can be removed from its stand, which can then serve as a pillar candle holder for our Glow by MacKenzie-Childs pillar candles.
- Finally, consider the wise witches from Patience Brewster by MacKenzie-Childs. Patience has added her signature painterly touch to two wonderful figures that are sure to leave you spellbound, starting with the incredibly detailed Patience Brewster Crystal Ball Witch Display Figure, who gazes into her crystal ball. There’s also the Patience Brewster Raggedy Witch Crystal Ball Globe, which features a witch inside a crystal ball, which is also a music box that plays “This is Halloween” when you crank the bone-shaped handle on the side.
Pillows and rugs
As soon a September arrives, you’ll want to warm up your interiors. You can add instant warmth and cozy comfort with these fall-inspired pillows and rugs.
- Many of our autumn pillows, like the Cornucopia Lumbar Pillow and the Fall Fest Pumpkin Pillow, are decorated with fun fall motifs and embellished with beads and embroidery. The Cornucopia Lumbar Pillow is finished with persimmon velvet piping and hand-tied silk pom-poms, while the Fall Fest Pumpkin Pillow has snappy gingham piping around its edges.
- Another pillow option is our Pumpkin Pillow, which is plump and soft and shaped like a pumpkin, with alternating panels of Courtly Check and velvet, topped with a green velvet stem. It’s available in two sizes, small and large.
- Finally, there’s something fun for underfoot. The 3′ Round Pumpkin Patch Rug adds seasonal style wherever you place it. This hooked rug features a trio of gorgeously patterned gourds, trimmed with a scalloped edge of stripes and polka dots.