Happy National Martini Day!
June 14, 2018
At MacKenzie-Childs, we believe it’s the little things that make every day extraordinary. These little things range from a piece of fudge in the afternoon to bountiful and beautiful flowers splayed across an elegant tea kettle that sits on your range. Well, today is National Martini Day and we are sharing two Martini recipes from Jessica Merchant (cookbook author and creator of How Sweet Eats) to make this day a little more extraordinary for you!
The first recipe, Espresso Martinis, is quick and easy with only three ingredients allowing you to look like the bartender-extraordinaire without needing too much direction. The second, Pimiento Cheese Olive Dirty Martini, can be found in her newest cookbook, The Pretty Dish (along with a recipe for those delish Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Olives).
We invite you to try both recipes to enjoy on National Martini Day and any other day you feel a little Martini is called for! And don’t forget to pick up a copy of Jessica Merchant’s The Pretty Dish for more than 150 everyday recipes with gorgeous color photos!
yield: Makes 1 drink, is easily multiplied
total time: <10 minutes
- 1, 2 or 3 shots of espresso
- 2 ounces coffee liqueur, like Kahlua
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- coffee beans, for garnish if desired
- Add the espresso, liqueur, and vodka to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour in a glass and top with coffee beans.
Pimiento Cheese Olive Dirty Martini
yield: Makes 1 serving, is easily multiplied
total time: < 10 minutes
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces juice from a jar of olives
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Olives (from Jessica’s new cookbook The Pretty Dish)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, olive juice, and vermouth. Shake for 20 seconds.
- Pour into a frosty, chilled glass.
- Garnish with a few pimiento cheese-stuffed olives.
Recipes (c) How Sweet Eats
Images (c) MacKenzie-Childs