Say ‘I do’ to MacKenzie-Childs
June 11, 2019
Weddings are a celebration of going forward with that one special person that you have chosen to love and cherish.
And, yes, that is surely special, but what else could make the occasion even more memorable? Commemorating your day with a touch of MacKenzie-Childs, of course.
But first, be sure to visit our MacKenzie-Childs gift registry, where you can celebrate all kinds of special occasions, including weddings, anniversaries, housewarmings, and more. We’ve partnered with MyRegistry.com, and you can create, manage, and add items to your registry in our retail stores and on mackenzie-childs.com. You can also add gifts directly from your smartphone via the MyRegistry mobile app.
As for the big day itself, here are some ways to add a little M-C to your wedding:
- Decorate the reception hall with our Courtly Check and Courtly Stripe wallpaper. You can place the wallpaper directly on the tables for terrific table runners, and you can use it to create a double-sided MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Wallpaper Pennant Banner to hang from the ceilings or on the gift table. The how-to’s are in the accompanying video and below. Other table decor could be a variety of candlesticks from our MacKenzie-Childs Glow collection and our Courtly Frames that could hold childhood photos of the bride and groom.
- Accessorize the bridal party with our Courtly Check ribbon. Classic and versatile, our wired ribbon shapes and pleats easily. Add it to the bridal headpiece and bouquet (along with a few of our Courtly Check Roses), the groom’s boutonniere, and the backs of the chairs at the sweetheart table.
- Add some of our bigger statement-making pieces to the dessert table or the head table. We’d like to recommend our cake stands, tiered sweet stands, and spectacular vases. They’ll make the presentation of cakes, sweets, and flowers prettier, plus you’ll surely be able to use them for years to come for all types of celebrations. Also, use our Courtly Check Cake Knife and Bent Cake Server to cut and serve the cake, and toast each other with our hand-painted Sweetbriar Champagne Flutes.
- Finally, we can’t think of a more fitting finishing touch than our Patience Brewster Love Bird Groom and Bride Ornaments. They’re dressed for the occasion—the groom is wearing tails and a top hat, and the bride has heels and a veil—so they’re ready to add to the top tier of the wedding cake. Plus, they’re also ornaments that you can hang on the Christmas tree as another sweet reminder of your special day and the start of your life happily ever after.
MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Wallpaper Pennant Banner
- 1 roll Courtly Check Wallpaper
- Poster board
- Cord or ribbon for stringing pennants
- Glue stick
- Cut wallpaper into strips that are 3 checks wide and 6 checks long. There will be 18 checks in each strip.
- Fold strip in half and press flat with a dry iron or put folded strip under a heavy book for a few days.
- Measure 3⅞ inches across the open end of the strip and mark. Next, using a ruler, draw two diagonal lines from each corner of the folded edge to the center point. Cut pennant into shape.
- Place pennant on lightweight poster board and trace shape. Cut poster board pennant and trim ½ inch from top.
- Insert poster board pennant in the middle of Courtly Check pennant and align bottom points.
- Apply glue stick to inside back of wallpaper pennant. Lay poster board pennant on top and press, taking care to match edges as closely as possible.
- Lay cord above poster board pennant and apply glue stick to edges of poster board pennant. Press top of wallpaper pennant down on poster board pennant. Trim if there is excess.
- Your pennants can be arranged closely together or with more space between them, depending on your preference and how many pennants you wish to make. Each single roll of Courtly Check Wallpaper makes approximately 50 double-sided pennants.